Cottages To Rent - Self Catering Holidays UK
Welcome to Cottages to rent. We list most of the major rental companies that provide cottages and self catering properties to rent. We also provide a guide to over 180 popular and off-the-beaten track locations in the United Kingdom, Ireland and France.
Below is a selection of some of the self catering companies you'll find through our pages. We've collected information about each company, including the number of cottages they offer for every location that we cover. Details of booking rates and special offers are also included.
- Established in 1999, Holiday Lettings has grown to become a major player in the self catering industry and boasts 40,000 cottage properties in more than 100 countries world wide. They are one of the UK's foremost holiday home websites.
- In addition to holiday parks, boating holidays and villa properties, this major holiday company also specialises in cottage breaks and includes a vast range of holiday cottages which can be found throughout the United Kingdom.
- Sykes have been around for over 25 years and offer around 1700, regularly inspected self catering cottages and holiday properties in the UK and Ireland. Their special offers section is vast and includes reductions of 15% in some cases.
- Another global operator with more than 200,000 self catering cottages located throughout the world. Destinations include the UK, France, Spain, Italy and America. They too include a wide range of special offers and reductions.
- Although smaller than some of the other companies featured on this site, Independent Cottages still offers a good collection of holiday properties and cottages to rent in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Owned by the Hoseasons group, Stillwells Cottages Direct specialises in holiday cottages, bed and breakfast accommodation and holiday properties in the UK and Ireland. Bookings can be made over the phone, by email or through their website.
* Please note that the number of cottages that the above companies provide for each region is subject to constant change as are booking prices and availability. Visit their websites for the most up-to-date information.
Our Travel Guides
Our travel guides provide information about some of the most notable visitor attractions in the richly varied countryside of the United Kingdom and Europe. From the sweeping uplands of Wiltshire to the Celtic mystery
of Ireland, Western Europe offers a rich patchwork of natural beauty and historical attraction. Admission prices and entry times are included were possible as well as links to related websites. Our English section is browsable by the left menu while the region headers at the top of each page cover the UK, Ireland and France.
Our guides cover a large selection of major as well as off-the-beaten-track destinations in France, Ireland, Scotland and Wales that we think are ideal for self catering accommodation
rentals and cottage holidays. To help you research your cottage holiday, we've also created a summary of chief attractions and outdoor activities for each region listed on the site. This includes a list of shops, supermarkets and other amenities that will help support you during your self catering holiday, wherever you choose to spend it.
Major Visitor Attractions
- Stonehenge is one of the most renowned visitor attractions in the world. This prehistoric monument was constructed around 31000BC and took an estimated 30 million hours of labour to complete. Its intended use is still unknown - some think it was built to honour the sun while others believe it to be a giant astronomical tool. Self catering cottages
prove an ideal base from which to explore this and other tourist destinations in England. See our Wiltshire section for more information about short break cottages and holiday properties.
- The Eiffel Tower is perhaps France's most iconic landmark. Constructed on the Champ de Mars and overlooking the Seine River
, it is the tallest building in Paris. The iron tower was completed in the late 19th century and has become the most visited monument in the world - an estimated £6 million people visit each year. Holiday cottages and villas can be rented through the agent featured above, many of which are within easy access to Paris and its diverse range of visitor attractions.
- The Eden Project
is rapidly becoming one of the UK's most important attractions and has attracted over 1 million people since its completion in 2001. Its three large domes showcase over 100,000 plant species and are designed to replicate a variety of climates including Mediterranean and tropical. See our Cornwall section for details of self catering accommodation and short break holiday properties that are available for rent in the vicinity of the Eden Project. They allow easy access to one of the premier visitor attractions in the South West of England.